Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nothing Ever Goes As Planned

Yes, you guessed it, windows and doors are not going in today. I understand why - but I'm still totally annoyed.

When they called to schedule my install last week, they told me that if it was raining on the day of, or had been raining a lot beforehand, they would have to reschedule. Well, what happens today? It rains. As I was on my way to work, it was only barely sprinkling - not a big deal. They call me to confirm my install for today, and to let me know that they were a little behind schedule so they would be at my house at 10:30 a.m. Cool.

I'm in a meeting and I get a call from an unknown number, and another call, and another call. I finally answer and it is the window installer. He says that he is in Marietta and it is pouring rain and he is concerned about installing my windows. I ask what his recommendation is and he says I wouldn't do it today. Well der - what I was asking was when would you do it? Then he says that my doors weren't going to be installed today because they haven't been shipped yet. Heavy sigh. I'm pissed because we have taken all of the blinds down, moved furniture, and made arrangments to be at the house today - all for this install. AND, no one EVER mentioned that my doors were not included in today's activities.

They were really nice and told me to go ahead and put my blinds back up, and that they would take them down free of charge when they actually do install. And the door is slated to ship on 7/30 so it will likely be another two weeks before it is all done...thus, sabotaging my July goals. The universe is against me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! :( I know what you mean though - sometimes it's like it doesn't matter what you do it just won't get done! Grrrr. Hang in there - it will be in before you know it! (you know I despise contractors....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel - I usually have pretty good luck with contractors but this one is starting off shaky...but I guess I've lived with poopy windows and doors for over a year so I can wait two more weeks. :(

    ReplyDelete