Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Weekend Update

We hope that everyone had a great weekend! We did...and I felt like it was really long, which is extra good.

Friday: Shane and I met some friends at the Braves game. We go down to East Atlanta to pick up our friend, John, and then take back roads to the stadium. There was NO parking and it was SO packed that we wound up paying $20 to park in some random dude's driveway. It was sketchy, but at least we found a spot.

It was a pretty big game since they were retiring Greg Maddox's jersey, but I think that I watched, in total, zero minutes of the game. Too busy talking and drinking. All I know is that I am very sad to lose this awesome, and hot, player:
Goodbye, Frenchy. :(

After the game, we all head over to Atkins Park in the Highlands. Me, Shane and John were so hungry that we proceeded to eat three baskets of fries and at least five cups of ketchup. We had one drink there and then decided to head home. Considering that Shane had to be at work at 7 a.m. on Saturday, he probably should have retired a little earlier than 1:30 a.m. Also, I had to drive home because Shane was a hair length away from curbing my tires on the way to the bar, and so I figured that one more drink probably wasn't going to help his driving.

Saturday: Shane had to get up at 6 a.m. - hee hee - and I slept in until around 9. Then hit up the semi-annual Boutique Sale at Atlantic Station with Kelly. I got some really cute stuff:




My splurge items:

That night, our friends Andrea and Justin, and their son, Davis, came over for dinner. My boys, Beau and Brother, LOVED Davis and the fact that they were all the same height. LOL - it was so cute to see them all together! We ate, hung out, talked, watched Thomas the Train and then called it a night. Good times! And FYI - it takes like 2 hours to bake potatoes. I attempted this for the first time, of course, on Saturday night and they baked for 1.5 hours and still weren't done.

Sunday - J. Christopher's breakfast - yum. Then headed to Bed, Bath and Beyond to pick up a scale - that is never fun, and then to PetSmart to get the boys some food and treats.

They were doing adoptions at PetSmart...need I say more? There were only a few dogs there, and there were two down at the very end that were 'special needs.' One was missing his front right leg, and the other was partially deaf and blind. I walk over to look at them and the deaf/blind dog just looks up at me, tail wagging. His left eye is nothing but white and his eyelid was scarred, and his right eye was bright blue, but looked like it had scarring on it. He just continued to look up at me, wagging his tail, like he had no worries or cares about anything...just so sweet. So I start crying...balling crying...through the store...at the gas station afterwards...all the way home. I don't know why it made me so upset, besides the fact that that poor dog was at one point in pain. God bless the people that adopt the special needs dogs to give them a good home and love and security. Okay, new topic, I'm about to cry again.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty uneventful - grocery shopping, washing cars, blah, blah, blah.

Well, this week is going to be pretty busy, AND I am now in a book club and we meet for the first time on Wednesday night - so exciting! Hope that you all have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. A book club! that is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, totally jealous of the book club! Tip of the day: puncture potatoes all around with knife and microwave on high for 6 min on each side. Then, rub with butter, sprinkle with season salt and wrap in foil. Bake in 400 degree oven for 30-40 min. They will be done and delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Baby, you did well at the sale! I kinda wish I had joined you. Oh well- I'll catch it next year. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. D - Yes - I'm so excited!

    Linds - You are such a domestic goddess. :)

    Mom - Yeah, I got some really good deals, but no new jeans. Boo. There should be another sale in January that we can go to. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the sale at the first part of the year fell on the weekend that we have our National Sales Meeting. Maybe I'll get lucky this year. Love you too Baby!

    ReplyDelete