Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Birthday Weekend, Landscaping Progress, A Trip to the Mountains, Loss of a Loved One

It’s been a while! Last Thursday was my 26th birthday so this past weekend was quite the whirlwind!

Thursday: You saw my new ‘do that I sported on Thursday. Everyone seemed to like it and I LOVE it. It is so much easier and I feel like it fits me a lot better than the long hair.

My ladies at work got me a fantastic birthday present that I was surprised with when I got in – a gift certificate to my fave boutique, Fabrik. Shane and I went to dinner that evening at a seafood place in Atlanta, Six Feet Under, and then came to a local bar by our house for cocktails and live music.

Friday: Friday morning I received some really sad news that my Uncle Gary had passed away. He was a great uncle and a great man and will be very sorely missed.

Moving to a more positive note, Shane took me shopping for some new shoes. I have a pair of gold flats that I wear with everything, so he insisted that I find a new pair of flats…


And some new boots…
And some new tights…
Friday evening, Shane had arranged a surprise dinner with friends. Thanks Dave, Jennie, Mike, Mandy, Mel, Jon, Lindsay and Tyler for being there! And thanks to my sweet Shane for putting it all together. :) After dinner, me, Shane, Lindsay and Tyler went out in the Highlands and met up with our friend, Patrick. We shut it down (per usual).

Saturday: Touch and go in the morning as we were a little sluggish. We laid around, watched TV, caught up on some shows and then got ready for a night in the Georgia mountains for our friend, Quint’s, birthday party. Another late night, but we had a good time! My brother was also over working on the landscape cleanup and made some really good progress! Gutters were cleaned out, fill dirt was moved and spread, most of the pine straw was spread, and a lot of the rock has been moved under the deck. He should be done in the next week and has done a FANTASTIC job!

Andrea and I with the birthday boy...

Sunday we got up and headed home for another birthday event – family lunch at P.F. Chang’s. I love that place! But sorry, no pics – we completely forgot to get the camera out!

Monday: We left early Monday morning for my uncle’s funeral in South Carolina. I don’t really know how to deal with death, so I’ll just say that I loved my uncle and will miss him greatly. My thoughts and prayers are with my aunt Cindy and my cousins, Jesse and Jonathan.

We are now half way through the week and Halloween is this weekend! Then November…this month is flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment