Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dawgs v. Arizona State

Last Saturday, me, Shane and my brother headed up to Athens for the UGA v. Arizona State game. For the past two years, Shane and I have been present at almost every home game, so this season is a little different but less stressful, I must admit, because this was our first game this season. Our partners in crime, David and Jennie, had their baby boy last January and, understandably, can't drop everything and go to Athens every Saturday with us anymore...sad.

But I digress, back to the present...we got to Athens around 11 a.m. on Saturday and set up our spread. It was raining, and even though I knew this - I still insisted on straightening my hair. Five minutes at the tailgate and that was no bueno...enter the hat that you will see in the pics below. Our friends, Kelly and Austin, and some of their family, met up at our tailgate and we all hung out for a while. I then left with Kel to go to Austin's work tailgate on North Campus and it all gets a little blurry there...ha ha - as usual.
We got to the tailgate, started socializing, drinking - and then came the monsoon. After about 10 minutes of rain, I had to roll up my jeans and take my shoes off as the water was already ankle deep. The whole area was flooded. As game time approached, it was evident that I would not be making the game, so Shane and my brother went. I went back to the car and napped. :)

Good times had by all and we can't wait for the LSU game this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment