Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Long Weekend Update

What tha'?!?!? Life has been very busy for the past two weeks. Let's get straight to it, shall we?

We had a great time in Destin! The beach, seafood, cold beverages, live music...what more could you ask for? Well, we could have asked for Georgia to win against Oklahoma State...sad.
Thursday: Took off around 1 p.m. for Destin! We made a few stops, but made it there by about 7:30. The rest of the crew arrived, and most of us (besides the lame ones), went out to AJ's for some 'first night partying.' We hung there for a while, met up with one of our friends from the ATL, and then left to get some Waffle House. And believe it or not, it wasn't Shane's idea this time! However, while there, he did crank out a few curls on the pirate rope:
Friday: Our first beach day! The weather was beautiful and we hung on the beach all day. I didn't really feel like it was hot enough for me to put on sunscreen, so I got fried. For some reason, I feel superhuman when it comes to the sun and its rays. But my sunburn that felt like a massive burning bruise reminded me that I, too, do require sunscreen. We played bocce ball on the beach, everyone besides me, and just chilled until late afternoon. We then got ready and went out for Adam's birthday. Cool part was that we went to a seafood restaurant, and Adam doesn't like - good friends. We then hit up Hog's Breath and a local joint, KJ's. Hog's Breath used to be mine and Shane's fave, but not so much anymore.
Saturday: It rained a little bit, but cleared up in the afternoon. We hit up the beach again - with my entire body slathered in SPF 30. The guys all went to a local bar to watch football all day long...literally, from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. We met up with them that night, after hearing that wings had been spilled in my car...on the carpet, and it was evident that everyone had consumed way too much over the course of the day and it was time to go home.
Sunday: We were a little slow going on Sunday morning. Shane was hungover, and I was still in an intense amount of pain from my sunburn. It was pretty cloudy, so I headed down to the beach around 2. That night, we headed out on the town to enjoy our last night at the beach. We found another bar with a band that was on the bay and hung out for a while. There was this really weird bouncer guy that kept asking us if we were 21, and when we ordered drinks the bartender stared at my ID for at least 40 seconds. Not sure what he was looking at - but we were all convinced that he was scanning it in to steal our identities. 'Ma'am, what was your social again?' 'And you said your mother's maiden name was...tell me again, I can't remember.' It was weird...
Monday: The entire day was spent in the car. We left the condo around 9:30 Destin time, stopped by the Nike outlet (where I got some really cute new shoes and Shane got some new tennis gear), and got on the road around 11 a.m. Destin time. We got home at 10:20 p.m. There was traffic EVERYWHERE! I don't know exactly what the Destin Police force does, but it certainly doesn't involve directing traffic on Labor Day freakin' weekend. AND, there were some Florida rednecks selling puppies on one of the busiest highways we were on...resulting in the slowing of traffic. REALLY?

Overall, it was a great trip, but we were ready to get home. My mom was watching B&B all weekend (thanks, Mom!) and we definitely missed them! Last week was crazy busy at work, but I was loving the short we all were, I'm sure.

Last weekend was Friday night in the Highlands to celebrate our friend, John's, birthday and then met up with Kel and her group. Saturday night was Flip Flops with Lindsay, Matt, Adam, and some other peeps. We got a late start both nights - which translates into a late night, involving Steak 'n Shake or Taco Bell, and sleeping way too late the next morning.
This week has been crazy busy at work too...what's up with that? On a good note, Shane made the playoffs for one of his 27 tennis leagues that he plays in. Yay! And another good note, the doors is being installed TOMORROW! With all of the rain, and of course it would rain, they sounded like they were trying to get out of it...but that won't happen.
I hope that everyone has a good rest of the week, and I promise to blog at least once before October. Ha! No, seriously, hopefully tomorrow I will have some pics to share of my new doors! Adios!


  1. Finally a new post to read!! Yippee!
    Sounds like you guys had a blast.

  2. I promise to be better about my blogging. We did have a blast! Can't believe the summer is already over...:(