So, for my fellow southeasterners who may not be well versed on the cold and snow (myself included), here are some tips to keep your house safe:
- To ensure that your pipes don't freeze, leave your faucets dripping. Remember to turn on the cold and hot water.
- Open your cabinet doors to allow warm air to surround your pipes.
- Keep your garage doors shut (for those of you lucky peeps who actually have a garage).
- Keep your blinds shut.
- Remove hose pipes from outside bibs. This prevents water from freezing within your hose and starting the process of freezing your pipes.
- Make sure you are using space heaters safely and turn them off before you go to bed.
(Our casa last March after a freak little snow storm!)