Monday, April 13, 2009

The Weekend Update

Hope that everyone had a great weekend! Shane and I did…

Friday: Got to catch up with some friends at the always yummy, El Ranchero. We then went for drinks at another Woodstock bar where, apparently, 50-year-old men go to try to cheat on their wives. We met some pretty skuzzy and extremely inappropriate dudes there…but they bought our drinks and then we promptly left. Ha!

Saturday: My allergies got the best of me. I woke up at 4 a.m. and could not stop sneezing so I took two Benadryl’s and went back to sleep. Well, Shane had to wake me up at 11 a.m. and I felt groggy until at least 4 p.m. Needless to say, we got a lot of TV and movie watching in. Later that afternoon we went over to a friend’s house to let their dog out and brought Beau and Brother to visit. You would think that my dogs are never allowed out of their crate because they are extremely spastic when they get to leave the house. They just ran laps around Dave and Jennie’s house while Abbey, their dog, just trotted around a little confused. When we got home we took them for a walk with their new collars…

I know that these collars look really scary and mean, but they are a necessity when walking B&B. Last week, Brother took off running so hard that he snapped the leash, leaving me in a cloud of dust behind him. Not good. So now they wear these and are lead on a 4’ leash. Research states that these leashes are an excellent communication tool for your dog as they learn to understand that you are the pack leader. Establish dominance – that’s how Cesar does it….

And Sunday: Happy Easter! Shane and I went to church with my fam and his fam and then out to lunch at California Dreaming. It was a really nice day and I’m glad that we were able to all get together…

We came home and got busy on the yard. I didn’t mention that last weekend Shane finally cut the grass (love ya!) and we started to manicure the area under this huge tree in our front yard (my mom thinks it a non-blooming apple tree).

I sprayed Roundup on all of the vines and crap that were underneath it, making a circle where we could lay mulch after everything died. So over the course of last week, everything died and it was now time to lay mulch. How much mulch? Um – 35 bags of it! For just the area under the tree…at $4 a bag – you do the math…geez! Funny part is that we still need about three more bags and Shane is going to stop and pick some up this afternoon. And the other funny part was that we had to load all of the mulch into Shane’s Honda….why is that funny? Because the trunk was almost dragging the ground from all the weight and I can only imagine what we looked like! LOL!

And today, I’m going to the podiatrist during lunch for them to have a looksey at my bunion. I know, gross. But it has become so painful over the past few days that I have to get it looked at…I’ll keep you posted – continue to wait with bated breath.

1 comment:

  1. It was great catching up Friday! We need to get together more often – but maybe not at The Summit. =)

    We have those same dog collars and they are awesome!