Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Two Years of Wedded Bliss and My Letter to Shane

Today is mine and Shane's two year anniversary! I can't believe how the time has flown...seems like yesterday we were doing this:




Such a fun night filled with family, friends and love...a day I'll always cherish and never forget. 

And, now - two years later, we're doing this - another moment in our lives together that we'll always cherish and never forget (obviously, because we'll have to take care of it and stuff):
16 weeks

And because I'm all emotional and mushy these days, I wrote a little note for Shane in honor of the occasion...

Dear Shane,

It's been two years of marriage and over 10 years of dating - could it be true love? :) We've been through a lot together over the years, grown up together, accomplished things together, made mistakes together...all of it shaping us and our relationship. I love you more and more each day (and I'm sure you are thinking the exact same thing about me :)) and am so thankful for the life we've created together. 

I know we can make each other crazy sometimes. And our bickering can be considered a sport at times. But I love it - it's us and it works. I love that I know that you only like mustard and cheese on your hamburgers and will not, cannot, eat chili that has beans in it. And I love that you know that I can't go to bed without my water and that, as of late, you are the official 'ice cream scooper' in our house. I can't wait to see you become a daddy to our child and look forward to continuing to build our family together. I can't imagine my life without you and I hope that I never have to. 

We are so lucky to have found each other. You are my soul mate and I love you always and forever!   

Stacy 


No comments:

Post a Comment