Friday, August 31, 2012

Pregnancy Questionnaire

I found this questionnaire on another blog and thought it provided a pretty neat little snapshot of my pregnancy...wish I'd done this all along! 


How big is baby? Baby Wilson is about 5 ½ pounds. BabyCenter.com compares it to a cantaloupe.

Total weight gain/loss? About 35 pounds. Holy crap.

Maternity clothes? Um, hell yes. I know some women opt not to do maternity clothes but, for me, anything that doesn’t have a ‘secret belly panel’ is absolutely the most uncomfortable thing in this world. And since I’m still having to do this full-time job thing, I have to dress a little more conservatively which leaves out a bunch of the maxi-dress and tank top options.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep? Ha – I wish! I go to bed by 9:30 p.m. but am up at 11 p.m.; 2 a.m., 4 a.m., 6 a.m. (yeah, I go back to bed after this) to go to the bathroom. I used to be able to get up, pee, then go back to sleep. Now, it takes me a good 15 minutes to get back to sleep. I consider calling in sick to work every single day. No joke.

Movement? Lots! He/She really gets going when I lay down on my side or if I’m sitting straight up. So, I guess that means it doesn’t move when I’m laying on my back or doing handstands? Wow, like I said, not a lot of sleep.

Food cravings? Not really anymore. It used to be Kraft powder macaroni and cheese, and then it was strawberry ice cream (with no strawberry chunks, gross), then it was Arby’s roast beef ‘n cheddar sandwiches…now, it’s just anything that doesn’t give me blazing heartburn.

Gender? It's a surprise! But I think it’s a boy. :)


Labor Signs? I’ve had some pretty mean Braxton Hicks contractions but let’s hope that labor pains hold off for another couple of weeks.

Belly Button in or out? What belly button? It’s flush.

What I miss? Sleep. Energy. I would love to be able to knock out a to-do list like I used to. I could knock through 10 things (or more) in a weekend. Now, I assign one thing a day and it takes an inordinate amount of time. Very frustrating.

What I am looking forward to? Having my house in order and then having a baby!

Best moment this week? I’m not 100% but I think the baby has ‘dropped.’ On Thursday, I noticed that my stomach was hanging a little lower…so I did about two hours of internet research, asked Shane for confirmation and then deemed the baby ‘dropped.’

Milestones? One more week until we are considered full term! 

No comments:

Post a Comment