Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend Update

No more 'blues' for Casa de la Shane and Stacy! (p.s. This has got to be the most neutral and boring color I have ever painted.)

The Before:

The After:

Do I like it? Ehhhh...it is definitely neutral. BUT - I didn't mention that I also bought new bedding and this new dresser:

Not the best photograph, but you can clearly see that the room looks bigger, that the 42" is back in the bedroom (yesssss!!!) and this will give us much more space to store clothes....okay, duh on the last one - but I was going for three benefits.

We also moved the headboard over 14 1/4" from the wall with the window so that I can fit a small pedestal table over there and on the other side by the door. I only want them to be big enough to accomodate a small alarm clock. For lighting, I plan to get wall mounted lamps to hang on either side. Any ideas for art? Should I do white frames or dark brown frames? Would it look stupid to hang them on the wall to the right of the TV (centered between the window)?

You will have to stay tuned for the new bedding! I'll give you a hint - it is a very 'clean' look.

2 comments:

  1. I like it - but need to see the new bedding! Post a pic, dang it! I do love the contrast of the headboard on it though - maybe just add some window treatments? I LOVE the new dresser!!! Looks great! And I think pictures on the wall there would be fine - what do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kel! I'll post pics of the bedding next week when I'm back...hopefully I can actually put it on then. This week has been crazy!

    I agree - def need window treatments. I think that I'm going to do simple roman shades in there and take down the blinds.

    For the pictures, I was thinking of just a random array - kind of like what you were thinking of doing with your wedding pics. Or I could get three shelves and hang them there, and then have little knick knack type things sitting on them, pictures leaning against the wall, etc.

    ReplyDelete