Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fridgidaire Drama…Yes, again

I’m having washing machine drama…again. While this sucks, it does give me something to write about so that I don’t have to post updated pictures. Is it bad that I still don’t have anything else done in the bedroom? I was out of town all weekend, so I have an excuse. And while we are on that topic – here are a few things to note about my trip to New Orleans:
  • First, Bourbon Street is CRAZY! Crazier than Panama City Beach during high school spring break in 2000 kind of crazy. And conveniently enough, our hotel was on Bourbon Street. The second that you stepped outside, you were either harassed or molested by some crazy drunk man…ugh. It got really old by the fourth day! Actually by the second…
  • Second, while we’re on the topic of Bourbon Street, it is amazing that at 1 a.m. the street is packed with people and completely trashed out, but when you come back out at 8 a.m. (yes, that’s right – in bed at 1:30 a.m. and leaving the hotel to go to work at 8 a.m.) the street is spotless. No smell of vomit, no trash, no nothing…I wish that I had that kind of service for the morning after parties at my house.
  • The French Quarter is great. There is so much history and such a unique feel…I definitely want to go back with Shane (who will beat me to death with the history stuff) so that we can have a little bit more of a chill experience.
  • Which leads me to my next, and last, highlight - I drank extremely too much…and was pretty much hungover every day except for Friday. Have you ever flown hungover? Not a good decision on my part.

Here is a pic of Jackson Square – very cool little area. It was off Bourbon Street and near more of the hole in the wall type bars and unique little shops…

And here is me and my co-worker, Sue, on Bourbon Street. I thought that the guy taking the picture was going to steal the camera…he was wearing a kilt. Enough said.And back to the washer drama: A few weeks ago, I was doing laundry and had the washer door open. I was shoving clothes in and I look over and Beau is gnawing on this little piece of plastic on the door. Well, that piece of plastic, when you shut the door, goes into a slit that signals to the washer that the door is shut and can be locked once you turn on a cycle. I know that he wasn’t chewing it hard, so when it broke – I just chalked another one up to Fridgidaire for making my life hell. But fortunately, I grabbed some super glue, glued it back on and it was in tip top shape until last Friday. Shane texted me and told me that it had broken again, but he called someone to come out and fix it. Well, something was lost in translation (right, Shane? ;) ) and no one came out. So we called again on Tuesday morning and they couldn’t come out until today. They came out today and told us that the entire latching piece on the door and on the machine have to be replaced. The service guy said that he ‘usually’ has this spare part in his truck, but true to Stacy/Shane luck – he just couldn’t find it. He now has to order the part and will have his office call us to set up another time for him to come out and install it. Seriously? I’m not really sure who I’m mad at – Beau (I could take him to the pound for a week…kind of like he’s grounded or something), Fridgidaire (yep, definitely mad at them for making such a primadonna machine…come on – I used to wash small children in my top loaders at the townhouse and nothing ever happened!), or the service people (well, no, because they aren’t making a dime off me…I can assure them that. And the guy did mention that this isn’t ‘typical’ warranty repair.)…Sigh. So we should be hearing from “Amber” later this afternoon to schedule a new time. I’ll keep you posted.

And P.S. there is a load of wet laundry in the machine. Yummy. We might just have to hit up the laundrymat tonight, or tomorrow, or both!

1 comment:

  1. ARGH! I hate that you are having so much trouble with that machine - jeez! Your machine is my Post Stratford! hehe

    ReplyDelete