Friday, January 16, 2009

Weekend Plans!

As we have now been in the house for a little over six months, I have come to the conclusion that I must have been under the influence when picking some of my paint colors. Specifically my bedroom color....definetely drunk.

So I've decided to break out my gear and repaint the bedroom this weekend! This not only includes the walls because when the floors were redone, they splashed stain all over my white baseboards (which had just been freshly painted). And did I mention how bad I hate painting trim???

And by taking a tip from This Young House, your house can seem bigger by picking lighter, more neutral tones, and keeping that consistent throughout the house. It may not be as fun, but it will make our space seem bigger (which we need!) and seem a little more grown up. So I'm going with a very safe color for the bedroom: Glidden's Water Chestnut. There may be some deviation of the color based on your monitor, but you get the point.

I also got Shane's buy in for us to buy a new dresser and get the HUGE living room armoire out of our bedroom. And when I say buy-in, I really mean that I wouldn't shut up about how awesome it was, and how cheap it was, and how much it made sense until he caved. Mwah ha ha! Behold the new dresser, or at least it will be sometime tomorrow...
Nothing too fancy, but i like the super clean look of it. And it is less than $300 - so we can't go wrong there.

Stay tuned for some painting before and afters! I'm off work on Monday (yay!) so I really have no excuse to not get this done this weekend...we shall see! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I hope the painting went fab - can't wait to see pics! And i'm so glad you got the dresser!! Awesome news.

    ReplyDelete