Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Renting Appliances...

So, as you are aware - we do not have a refrigerator. And I knew that I wouldn't be able to tolerate that long - so I came up with a genius solution- I'll rent one!

This is one of those things that you always wondered who REALLY does this...and then something comes along, and that person is you. Then comes the part where you try to remember those commercials that you see on TV all the time or remember the names on all of those junk mail fliers...well the names are Rent-A-Center and Aarons. This seemingly appeared to be a quick, cheap fix to our problem of no refrigeration or washing abilities, but I quickly found that this is not the case. This is why renting appliances sucks:
#1: They treat you like a criminal who has just been released from jail, and only has the $3.54 that you were arrested with. Example: You have to have FOUR REFERENCES! I didn't even have to have that many references to get my job!
#2: You can pay weekly. Really? Who has time to go to the Rent-A-Center and pay weekly for their appliances? If they do, I don't know how they are paying because they obviously don't have a job.
#3: They have bars on all the windows of the store. Frightening.
#4: It is expensive, and a total rip-off. Now don't get me wrong, this didn't stop me from going through with the refrigerator rental, but if you do rent until you eventually purchase the appliance after 24 months - you can pay almost $2000 for a $500 fridge. P.S. Mel - I'm leaving ATC and opening my own Rent-A-Center. :)
#5: The salesman seemed to think that he was doing me a favor by not offering me a defective washer and dryer....Customer service at its finest!

While the fridge is being delivered today at 4...it is under complete duress that I go through with paying $75 a month to rent this little monstrosity. Oh, and best part - when I told the guy that I would not be paying weekly, but would just go ahead and pay for the month upfront - he said 'I'm impressed.' Well - I'm not...

And no pics yet...Shane took some last night, but I didn't put it in my purse this morning. Maybe if we get the computer set up tonight...well, I'll just stop because that ISN'T happening!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I've officially turned into a blogger. Stacy - just hearing your RAC story again in print made me laugh just as hard the second time around. You have to post more pics of the house....we need updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, more pictures...
    Stacy - I think Blogging should become a full time job for you - you're hysterical!
    Shane, I think she finally officially wins the "who's funnier" contest!!!
    Oh - and if you need to do laundry - feel free to come on over anytime...I'm lucky if I can even get the dirty clothes in the basket these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know i'm late to the party on this post but it's too funny not to comment on! LOL "i'm impressed" - my favorite!

    ReplyDelete