Monday, June 25, 2012

Nursery: Officially IN PROGRESS!

Happy Monday. Hope you all had great weekends...as for Shane and I, we are exhausted. My hands hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurts, I'm sleepy...BUUUUTTTT we kicked some arse in the nursery this weekend so it's worth it. 


Let me remind you of what this space looked like before:

And then this weekend, we decided to get moving and did the following:

  • Sanded all of the puttied holes
  • Vacuumed the walls and corners - because painting over spiderwebs is gross.
  • Spent eight hours painting the trim white. Five coats, people. Five coats. 
  • Spent another three hours painting the top Glidden's Pebble Grey. It's a true grey and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
  • Then we cleaned the floors again because I got a little slaphappy with the trim paint after about the third coat and got it on the floor. Gasp. 
  • And then put the crib and dresser together and voila...THE AFTER:

 The bedding is a custom design from Carousel Designs and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it too! It is so well made and, for a custom order, was reasonably priced and was on my doorstep five days after I ordered it. 
And this is the other side of the room with the always popular IKEA Hemnes dresser. 

And, unfortunately, these are the only pictures I have on my phone - better ones to come soon!

While we still have a lot left to do (e.g., curtains, rug, art, chair, etc.), I'm feeling good that this was SOLID progress. And, it's crazy, I keep just going in this room and looking at the crib...partly because I just so love that bedding and then because I can't believe that in three months a little human is going to be sleeping in there! Is it going to be a boy or a girl? What are they going to look like? Will they have my lips and cheeks? And Shane's eyelashes and toes? Crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment