Let me remind you of what this space looked like before:
And then this weekend, we decided to get moving and did the following:
- Sanded all of the puttied holes
- Vacuumed the walls and corners - because painting over spiderwebs is gross.
- Spent eight hours painting the trim white. Five coats, people. Five coats.
- Spent another three hours painting the top Glidden's Pebble Grey. It's a true grey and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
- Then we cleaned the floors again because I got a little slaphappy with the trim paint after about the third coat and got it on the floor. Gasp.
- And then put the crib and dresser together and voila...THE AFTER:
The bedding is a custom design from Carousel Designs and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it too! It is so well made and, for a custom order, was reasonably priced and was on my doorstep five days after I ordered it.
And this is the other side of the room with the always popular IKEA Hemnes dresser.
And, unfortunately, these are the only pictures I have on my phone - better ones to come soon!
While we still have a lot left to do (e.g., curtains, rug, art, chair, etc.), I'm feeling good that this was SOLID progress. And, it's crazy, I keep just going in this room and looking at the crib...partly because I just so love that bedding and then because I can't believe that in three months a little human is going to be sleeping in there! Is it going to be a boy or a girl? What are they going to look like? Will they have my lips and cheeks? And Shane's eyelashes and toes? Crazy!