Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Whole Lotta’ Backtracking…

Wow, it’s been a long time! It seems as though whenever I come back from vacation I always get lazy with the blog…sorry.

Let’s start with mine and Shane’s trip to the Dominican Republic. It was fantastic. Eight days, seven nights of paradise. But to be honest, by the last day I was ready to come home…I wasn’t ready to go back to work but I was ready to see the boys and sleep in my own bed. One highlight from the trip was Shane turned 31! Can you believe it?!? Old man. And he isn’t even married!!! (hint, hint, hint, hint, hint) Also, when we arrived in the DR, I turned on my camera to find out that my LCD screen had broken so I am now on the prowl for a new camera. Ugh. Here are a few more pics from our trip:

WILLLLSONNNN! Ha Ha - Get it?

Coming back to work during Thanksgiving week was pretty sweet. It was quiet so I was able to catch up and it was a short week which was even better! For Thanksgiving, Shane and I, my mom and brothers went to my aunt’s house in South Carolina. It’s pretty much a tradition and it was good to see the fam! The remainder of Thanksgiving weekend was pretty uneventful. I. Absolutely. Hate. Black. Friday – so I wasn’t shopping, fo sho. We went to our friend, Lindsay’s, to watch Georgia kick Georgia Tech’s dorky asses on Saturday night and then stopped by Monica and Andy’s (NEW SMYRNA NEIGHBORS – YAY!) on our way home. Stayed up way too late but had a great time!

This week hasn’t been too bad. I took Monday off (I love PTO time) and decorated for Christmas! I did a few things differently with my inside decorations and Shane and I rigged up some outside lighting that I think will remain up all year round. Take a look:The Christmas lights won’t be staying up all year round, but the spotlights probably will. I think they make the house look so dramatic. What do you think? And timers…those are the best things ever. We’ve never put our Christmas lights on timers, but in an effort to be environmentally-conscious this year we opted for automatic timers. Just kidding, this was more like an effort to allow Shane and me to be more lazy and thoughtless with our Christmas decorations. Score.

I am also working on a Christmas decoration project that I found on my new favorite blog. I hope to wrap that up soon and I’ll definitely share pics.

This weekend is the annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Party, so Shane and I are on the lookout for the ugliest Christmas sweaters/vests/turtlenecks/dickies…again, will share those pics.

AND – I have finally purchased the paint for my bathroom! I actually got two gallons of it – not intentionally, but because the guy made two gallons on accident and sold me the extra gallon for $5. I’ll buy anything for $5!

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment