Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be TV installers...

So, what seemed to be a simple task of having our TV mounted is turning into a major initiative.

When you walk into a new home these days, a standard has become the flat panel TV that hangs above the fireplace, right? Well, I know that those people didn't sell their first born, one of their kidneys, and pay $1000 for it! I may be exagerating, but that seems to be about what they are asking!

I've had three quotes, and they go a little something like this:
#1: Well, it could be a whole day job and cost $750, or I could be done in 2 hours and it cost you $250. Not sure. So Stacy asks, well do you want to come out to my house and take a look? Contractor replies, no, I wouldn't know until I started cutting holes. Yeeaaahhh, no. Anyone who has seen the movie 'The Money Pit' knows that I am not looking to hire The Shirk brothers....
#2: Yeah, we can knock that out for $350. Really? You want to come out and look at it? Naaahhh. And then the contractor proceeds to call me twice a day, every day and schedule the service. Whoa Nelly...unless you want a bad check - back off! We aren't exactly rollin' in it right now!
#3: Well, I could hang the TV, but I couldn't move the cable or install the electrical. Well, perfect - because I actually just wanted to idolize the actual television by placing it above the fireplace - not watch it...What kind of crazy idea is that?!?

So, another problem to roll up into what I like to call 'Home Ownershi*.' Along with: appliances, bugs (oh, that is a totally separate blog post), yard stuff, boxes, lack of storage, over abundance of decorative knick-knacks (We could seriously open our own Hobby Lobby), so on and so forth, etc., etc., etc.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look of the blog. And, ,I totally caught you calling mounting the TV as a major 'initiative.' Is that a little work lingo rubbing off on you?

    ReplyDelete