- Chew with your mouth closed. OR Don't smack your food. (This turned into an OCD disorder...I know notice EVERYONE who smacks their food. And once I notice it, it sounds like they are doing it into a microphone.)
- Take your time and do it right the first time.
- Take initiative - don't wait for someone to ask you do something.
- Always keep your car clean - you never know who will need a ride. (He actually used to say 'What if you saw the President stranded on the side of the road? Would you let him ride in a nasty car?' Well, first, the President would never be hitchhiking, and second, if it is our current President that we are talking about...then, yes, he could ride in a nasty car.)
- Keep your elbows off the table.
- Being on time means you are late. (This one NEVER sunk in because I'm habitually late.)
- Always make your bed. (This one didn't quite take either...)
- Always keep your things 'squared away.' There is no excuse to not take care of your stuff.
- Always tell your brothers you love them. Family is the most important thing.
- Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Sh*t My Dad Says
As we approach Father's Day on Sunday, I thought it only fitting to share some of the wisdom that my dad has shared with me over the years. Some legit, some non-legit...some relevant, some irrevelant.