Thursday, March 31, 2011

Trusting Your GPS

I had to be in Buckhead yesterday at a web studio to help one of our VPs with a live webcast. I’ve done this before…at this same place. I’ve been there like six times. Well, yesterday I got lost. I know – how do you go somewhere six times and get lost on the SEVENTH time? Well, that would be because I’m a logistical ra-tard. Compound THIS with the fact that I am ALWAYS late…not a good thing.

But yesterday was a little different, I left my house SO early it was nuts. I was actually brought a book with me because I thought I’d be sitting in the parking lot for a while. God, that sounds dumb now that I type it…but it does highlight the fact that I am always late because I hate waiting. I don’t mind that you have to wait though.

Anyway, back to the story, I grab my GPS out of the glovebox, just to be safe because I’m all over it today!, and look at my recent addresses. I see Maple Street and that sounds about right so I click that…I should be there in 10 minutes tops. As my GPS starts to scream that is it ‘CALCULATING ROUTE’…’CALCULATING ROUTE’…I see that my trip time is like 45 minutes. WTF? But what do I do? I follow it. I follow it all the way to Hapeville.

Oh, what’s that? You want a visual of how moronic I am? By all means…please direct your attention to below.

Pink dot – starting point. Orange dot – destination. Blue dot – embarrassing.



You want to know the worst part? I was all the way in Hapeville before I stopped and thought to myself ‘Where am I? I don’t even see the city. I wonder if that was the wrong address in the GPS.’

Bottom line, it took me OVER AN HOUR to go 15 minutes. So I think it would be safe to say that I trust my GPS…like completely trust it with my life…my career…my dignity. I might even let it babysit my first born.

9 comments:

  1. Seriously.... you are so special.

    Thanks for making me laugh on a Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an amazing post and I completely trust my GPS as well...but there is no way you could top me on logistical ra-tardness (as you say)I sometimes STILL go in the wrong direction on 285...I will randomly forget which one I need to merge onto, it's usually all down hill from there for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahahaha! "pretty bird...pretty bird" (blind kid pets a dead bird)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "like" button for everyone's comments!
    Really Stacy - that's just Maturious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that my ignorant decisions can bring a little joy to each and every one of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha...I have a bone to pick with GPS though, and that's when addresses that exist IRL don't exist in whatever platform the GPS uses! my company has been in its current building since May 2007 and yet our address still doesn't show up on GPS! I'm constantly having to give people directions from the center of the town we're in, which is anywhere from 10-15 minutes from our actual address!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still don't know how you did this! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I needed a good laugh! You crack me up! Seriously Hapeville. Lol;)

    ReplyDelete