Friday, November 14, 2008

Time to Redecorate!

Now that I have been in my house for about six months...it is time for some redecorating!

Regrets:
  • Painting my bedroom a shade of blue that is fit for a toddler boy. I swear it looked gray on the swatch...and even when we first got it on the walls. I need to tone it down a little.
  • Painting the kitchen and the sitting room the same color. Once I get my new countertops, and...drum roll, please...new backsplash - I'm going to re-evaluate the kitchen color. Is that bad to have the living room, kitchen, and sitting room all different colors?
  • Partial regret about the silver bathroom...but I think that I can salvage it with some new artwork, a new granite top instead of that yellowy marble thing, and a new mirror. We'll see.

So, I have prepared a few inspiration boards to work off of...see below:

Bedroom:


Living Room:

Office:

Let me know your thoughts...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bedroom - so much lighter and more airy - very, very nice!

    As far as them all being different colors I think it's fine! Especially if they're all in the same color family so it still flows and isn't like "this is my yellow room and THAT'S my red room." But that's just my 2 cents.

    Can't wait for you to update hte kitchen - I know you're SO ready.

    ReplyDelete