Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day and 18 Week Bump!

Hope that all the moms out there had a great Mother's Day yesterday! We had a pretty relaxing weekend, which included making a 'pallet' in the living room floor and having movie night on Friday and then DVR day on Saturday. So relaxing!

We also met up with my mom for an early dinner on Saturday to celebrate Mother's Day but baby brother, Patrick, had to work:
Someone needs a tan. Um, that would be me. 

My mom actually got me gifts this year which was really sweet. I got said gifts and read a card and then cried. That's another addition to the side effect list - I'm EXTREMELY emotional. Below is the short list of things that will make me cry at the drop of a hat:
  • Anything that talks about the bond of family, being a mother, the love for babies, etc. This one is pretty normal, I get it. 
  • Anyone who I think looks lonely or sad. This spirals into questions of 'Do they have a family?' 'Does someone love them?' 'Why does God bring people into this world to make them sad?'
  • Baby clothes.
  • Hearing about stories of disease, death, etc. This is normal too, I suppose. 
What gets me is the intensity of the crying. I can't just tear up anymore...I pretty much all-out cry - chest shaking, puckered lip, the whole shabang. Just another joy of pregnancy, I guess!

Also, another weekend accomplishment, we finally created our baby registry! It was pretty intense going through each aisle and seeing ALL of the stuff we need to be fully functional...and we even questioned some things - do we really need a bassinet and a Pack 'n Play? Probably not. And we obviously had to register for everything gender neutral, which wasn't really that hard! There were actually a lot of things that were cream with both pink and blue - which I'm a fan of. I know everyone says to just do yellow, but I have to confess that I am not a fan of that practice. A boy can deal with a little bit of pink, if that's the case, and a girl can deal with some blue. Easy enough. 

And, finally, here is the 18 week bump shot:

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment