Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget

I was a freshman at Kennesaw State University in a Principles of Theater class when we got news that the first plane hit. We were all stunned and assumed it was an accident. Class let out early and I headed home.

I watched the rest of that brutal day on television and cried. I cried for those people in the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, on the planes, in New York City...their families...their friends. Such a disgusting attack on our country and human kind, in general.

On this day, I keep all those who were affected in my prayers. And I say 'thank you' to all of our military service men and women who serve and protect our country.

I hug my family members a little tighter on this day. I wonder how I'll one day explain this day to my daughter...

No comments:

Post a Comment